Once you have your happy selves, your marriage license, two witnesses, and your Officer / Minister, you will want a fun and fabulous location for your elopement ceremony. In Washington State, you have many options: from the big city, to the coast, to the mountains and occasional to the islands!
So, put on your elopement seat beat and let's take a little virtual tour of six terrific locations that could be a best place for your elopement ceremony in Washington State!
6 Terrific Places to Elope in Washington State
1) Bainbridge Island ~ From downtown Seattle, you can catch a Washington State ferry and 35 minutes later, you are on Bainbridge Island. This sweet Island is a bedroom community of Seattle and is home to 25,000 people, a bustling little downtown area, magnificent water vistas, and sweet bed and breakfast choices.
You could either be married (ie, elope!) On the deck of the Washington State Ferry or you can find an Officer or Minister to marry you once on Bainbridge Island. After your elopement ceremony on Bainbridge Island, celebrate with a lovely meal at one of the few celebrations restaurants that line the downtown "strip" of this gorgeous island.
Tip : To be married on the Washington State Ferry, you will need to contact the Washington State Ferry System for permission and a permission.
2) Ashford , WA ~ Mt. Rainier State Park ~ Take to the mountains of Washington State and get married near the entrance of Mt. Rainier or inside the park. The best time of year to elope to Ashford and Mt. Rainier is, of course, during the Summer months. The early Fall is also an lovely time as there is often light snow on the ground which only adds to any wedding ambiance!
3) Ruby Beach / Washington Coast ~ From the Seattle or Tacoma area, drive East to Washington State's Coast and get hitched on Ruby Beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches on the Washington Coast and hosts a number of elopements and more formal wedding ceremonies each year.
4) Hamilton Viewpoint Park, Seattle ~ In West Seattle, there is a little neighborhood park called Hamilton Viewpoint Park. Known by many of the locals, this park is on a high bluff and overlooks downtown Seattle, The Space Needle and the Puget Sound. If there ever was a truly "Washington State place" to get married with a killer view, this is it.
Tip : Contact the Seattle Parks and Recreation Department for a permit.
5) Orcas Island, WA ~ If you are up for a drive and an extended ferry ride, check out Orcas Island. The Island sleeps during the Winter months and is crazy busy during the popular Summer season. This is a big Island with a wide variety of hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts. There are a lot of very cool and fun places to be married – waterside, bluff and bed and breakfasts. Contact the Orcas Chamber of Commerce in Eastsound for specific information as they love to give out free advice to engaged couples!
6) Leavenworth, WA ~ Over the mountains you can go to the picturesque German town of Leavenworth, Washington. Nestled in the Cascade mountains, Leavenworth is a hip and fun place for an elopement. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, consider a hike into the mountains to get hitched or perhaps a wedding ceremony half-way during a river rafting trip! Leavenworth also has a beautiful bed and breakfast inns that specialize in small and intimate wedding ceremonies.