Getting married in Kitsap County, Washington? As you consider what you want and desire for your wedding ceremony, your dream may be a fun, small and intimate affair.
Each year, many couples elect to be married in this beautiful County of Western Washington State that is home to small cities and towns like Silverdale, Bremerton, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Kingston and more ~ also known as "West Sound."
As you plan your wedding ceremony in Kitsap County, here are six easy steps to follow for a fun and memorable small wedding ceremony experience:
6 Tips For A Fun, Small & Intimate Wedding Ceremony ~ Kitsap County Style!
1) Set A Date ~ Once you decide on having a small and intimate wedding ceremony, you'll want to set a date. The Summer months are glorious in West Sound. For a best chance at gorgeous Summer weather, set your date for July or August. June and September are "iffy" when it comes to weather. All other months are really a wild card for weather, especially an outdoor wedding.
2) You'll Need A Marriage License ~ In order to get hitched in Kitsap County, you will need a marriage license. You must apply for and purchase a marriage license and it is good for 60 days from the time of purchase. Happily, you can apply for a marriage license in any County of Washington State and it is good in Kitsap County. If you're eloping or need to get married ASAP, there is a three-day waiting period from the time of application so figure this into quick wedding plans.
Tip: To apply for a marriage license, visit the Courthouse in Port Orchard, Washington. You may also apply by mail if location and / or time is a consideration. For information, go to: http://www.kitsapgov.com/aud/licensing/licensing.htm
3) Select A Your Ceremony Venue / Location ~ There are many possible venues and locations for your small wedding ceremony in Kitsap County. St. Paul's Church in Port Gamble, Washington is a favorite for weddings tiny and big. The Farm Kitchen in Poulsbo is a happy place run by two amazing women who offer their venue to weddings of all sizes. Kitsap Memorial State Park is a waterfront venue that not only offers an outside space for a wedding but a building in case of nasty weather.
Tip : Visit the Kitsap County Convention & Visitors Bureau in Silverdale, WA, for more venue / location ideas and information on Kitsap County wedding services and vendors. All services provided by the Bureau are free and the staff there is a happy bundle and eager to share information with you.
4) Ceremony Officer / Minister ~ You can not get hitched without someone to marry you! You will save money by finding an Officer or Minister in West Sound rather than "importing" someone from the Seattle area. Create a short list of candidates by dong a quick search on Google. If possible, set-up an in-person meeting to insure the prospective Officer / Minister is a good fit for you. If your wedding is last minute or an elopement, a thorough phone interview will suffice.
5) Celebration Meal ~ Mmmm … time to celebrate! There are wonderful restaurants that have a "celebration feel" to them through Kitsap County. If you'd like to have lunch or dinner after your ceremony, consider Molly Ward Gardens in Poulsbo or Four Swallows Restaurant on Bainbridge Island. Consult the local Convention & Visitor's Bureau for more favors.
6) Honeymoon Night ~ Your best bet for a lovely honeymoon night? A local bed and breakfast. Illahee Bed and Breakfast in Bremerton is a waterfront B & B and popular with honeymooners and couples. This is just one example of the dozens of sweet B & B's and Inns through Kitsap County. Again, check out the folks at the Kitsap Convention & Visitors Bureau for best recommendations and website links.